PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 game

Entity
11-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Some of us are playing some fishy O/8 (.5/1), if y'all want to join.

Radek21's pvt table
pw: two

Rob

Entity
11-08-2004, 09:22 PM
I know I should've bet the river. I don't care. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 0.5/1 Omaha/8 (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (18 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (34 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 34 BB

SCfuji
11-08-2004, 09:24 PM
1) missed a bet on river
2) this game blows cuz i suck at it

Entity
11-08-2004, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) missed a bet on river
2) this game blows cuz i suck at it

[/ QUOTE ]
1) I figured a checkraise on the river would be fun. I was wrong. Everyone was so laggy that hand, and I had Pete and Kgrad left to act behind me.

Ro

Evan
11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know I should've bet the river

[/ QUOTE ]

did you know you should've folded pf? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Entity
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I should've bet the river

[/ QUOTE ]

did you know you should've folded pf? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Even with kgrad raising every hand (and stinkypete limp-reraising nothing), my hand was still crap. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Bluffoon
11-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Fun game thanks!

I wish I knew what I was doing.

IndieMatty
11-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Table's gone. I won.

spamuell
11-08-2004, 11:37 PM
For future reference, I'd like to opine that limit O/8 is a really bad 2+2 table game. No one can read their hand and no one ever folds. People always call turn raises because they have outs and they always call the river because they have at least a pair or some low or something and the pot is biggish and SSH has conditioned them to call.

The game is plenty profitable if you know how to play limit O/8 but it's really a crapshoot and loses a lot of the fun hand-representing and outplaying aspects of twoplustwo table hold'em or PLO because no one has any idea what anyone has or is representing so just calls.

N.B. Of course I'm not bitter about my 15BB loss.

Snoogins47
11-09-2004, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For future reference, I'd like to opine that limit O/8 is a really bad 2+2 table game. No one can read their hand and no one ever folds. People always call turn raises because they have outs and they always call the river because they have at least a pair or some low or something and the pot is biggish and SSH has conditioned them to call.

The game is plenty profitable if you know how to play limit O/8 but it's really a crapshoot and loses a lot of the fun hand-representing and outplaying aspects of twoplustwo table hold'em or PLO because no one has any idea what anyone has or is representing so just calls.

N.B. Of course I'm not bitter about my 15BB loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was a blast, though nowhere near as fun as the Stud8 game from yesterday.

spamuell
11-09-2004, 01:50 AM
I thought it was a blast, though nowhere near as fun as the Stud8 game from yesterday.

That's just because you were raising the whole time and winning because you were running g... erm... because you outplayed us all.

Snoogins47
11-09-2004, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

That's just because you were raising the whole time and winning because you were running g... erm... because you outplayed us all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have just as much at the 2+2 tables when I'm running normal and lose a lot of money, trust me.

Entity
11-09-2004, 02:03 AM
I had a great time. The NLHE table was fun too, but I didn't get to play against y'all much there.

Rob

spamuell
11-09-2004, 02:11 AM
I had a great time. The NLHE table was fun too, but I didn't get to play against y'all much there.

I enjoyed it as well, but more for the table chat than the actual game, although it was fun to joke about what fish we all were (even though I read a book on it!).