PDA

View Full Version : Free, small bonuses?

Redd
11-08-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm a newbie who's been trolling 2+2 for a few months, but I haven't set up any of the paperwork (new bank account, netteller) to actually deposit. I've seen a few posts here where people mention getting $2 free at some sites - just recently someone mentioned on the micro forum that they were given $2 from Paradise to play on the microlimit tables.

I thought it would be fun to mess around with someone else's money and still not have to set everything up - does anyone know how to get a little $2 bonus from Paradise, or know of any other sites that offer small a bonus like this?
Thanks!
Redd

David04
11-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Pacific Poker-Register a real money account and they will give you $10 free
7Sultans-Sign up for a free $10
Royal Vegas-Sign up for a free $10

Marq
11-08-2004, 08:48 PM
And you don't have to deposit a specific amount first?

cgwahl
11-09-2004, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And you don't have to deposit a specific amount first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would like to know if this is the case as well. How do you go about doing this? Do you have to email them or something?

deacsoft
11-09-2004, 12:52 AM
I know the prima sites will just give you the money around 24/48 hours after signing up. No deposit needed.

AngryCola
11-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Here is a copy of a post I made in a previous thread about this issue:

I just signed up with Pacific to grab some free loot. I didn't deposit anything for a few days, and they sent me an e-mail informing me that they had credited my account with $10. Not bad. I still will have to deposit my own cash to get my "free" goodies though.

Party Poker also credited me with $25, if I recall the amount correctly.
Same scenerio there:
I open a new account and don't deposit any money into it for a few days.

So, if you want to get on those "random" money giveaway lists, I think it's necessary to keep your account empty for a few days. You have to give them time to "coax" you into playing on their site. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

cgwahl
11-09-2004, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a copy of a post I made in a previous thread about this issue:

I just signed up with Pacific to grab some free loot. I didn't deposit anything for a few days, and they sent me an e-mail informing me that they had credited my account with $10. Not bad. I still will have to deposit my own cash to get my "free" goodies though.

Party Poker also credited me with $25, if I recall the amount correctly.
Same scenerio there:
I open a new account and don't deposit any money into it for a few days.

So, if you want to get on those "random" money giveaway lists, I think it's necessary to keep your account empty for a few days. You have to give them time to "coax" you into playing on their site. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, been with Party for a while just playing with play money. Also signed up with Paradise and Pacific a while back as well. But finally just added real account info since I'm debating right now to put money in Paradise, Pacific, Absolute or Party Poker. Trying right now to find which has the better deal and which I prefer.

Perhaps I'll get the free money in a few days on the ones I added info to?

Oh well, even if I don't get the free money I'll deposit in one of them in a few days anyhow.

bosoxfan
11-09-2004, 04:57 PM
i signed up at Royal Vegas and 2 days later I got the free $10 without making a deposit. They have .05/.10 NL and limit games. They have .75 +.25 sit n gos and $1 multi table tournaments.

Redd
11-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the input, guys. For those asking questions, I signed up a real money account with Pacific 2 days ago, and I just received an email that I was given $10. I made no deposit whatsoever. I also played a few hours of play money games, which may or may not be important.

-Redd

cgwahl
11-15-2004, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input, guys. For those asking questions, I signed up a real money account with Pacific 2 days ago, and I just received an email that I was given $10. I made no deposit whatsoever. I also played a few hours of play money games, which may or may not be important.

-Redd

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the sites just don't like me enough to give me free money...hehe.

bweiser8311962
11-16-2004, 12:46 AM
well, this requires you to actually make a deposit, but anyone who wants to try pacific poker and has NEVER downloaded it on their computer, let me know. i can get you a $50 bonus just for playing 1 raked hand. send me a PM with your e-mail if you are interested and I will get you a link to sign up for pacific through. you must use this link and a bonus code i will provide.

their deposit is only $20 ... so you deposit the $20, play 1 RAKED hand, get the $50, withdraw the $20 ... and you've got $50 to play with.

just a thought

good luck

NoPeak
11-16-2004, 12:51 PM
I have played at Pacific before, are there any other sites where you offer this?

SeanSkill
11-16-2004, 08:26 PM
I signed up at royal vegas a couple of days ago just to get the free ten but have not heard anything from them. I was going to deposit there next after I clear my pacific bonus. RV seems to have a pretty good bonus 40% up to $100.00 plus $10.00, but you need $250.00 to take max advantage of the bonus.

AleoMagus
11-19-2004, 01:43 PM
As far as free small bonuses are concerned, getting it from the sites is not necessarily the best way to go.

Signing up under any affiliate usually gives that affiliate either $75 or a % or the rake you pay for ever after. Even with a refer a friend deal, the friend who refers you will get money for doing so, and the money that they get is usually about the same as the deposit that you need to make in the first place.

What this means is that if an affiliate trusts you to not run off with their money having never signed up, it is usually in their interests to just give you $50 because as long as you deposit with their affiliate code, they will get that money back plus extra anyways.

So, the tough part is finding an affilliate who trusts you enough to do this. My recommendation is to talk to your friends and find one who already play online. Get him/her to either set up an affilliate account or just move some cash to neteller so that they can transfer it to you. Then go ahead and deposit online making sure to take advantage of either the refer-a-friend or the affilliate deal.

This can be done over and over for about 20 sites online right now. Seriously, If I was a totally new player right now and hadn't registered with any of the major sites, I'd make a $1000 bankroll in the first month between bonuses and affilliate deals and I would never need to put a nickel online.

One last and important point. If you do this, make sure to keep one a few sites (like partypoker) separate and wait to deposit or take any affilliate offers. The reason fo rthis is that eventually you are going to want to start playing regularly and stop whoring for bonuses and affilliate deals. When this happens, the affilliate deal that you are going to want is a % of your rake returned to you. This will mean depositing yourself and not taking a straight up free $ bonus.

Regards
Brad S

Reef
11-19-2004, 09:21 PM
they also have bonuses for dormant accounts (couple months). I've gotten increments of $10, $20, and $50 in this manner. Just need to play so many raked hands. Free bankroll, can't complain