PDA

View Full Version : QJs confusion

Waz
11-08-2004, 04:14 PM
If there's one hand that always leaves me scratching my head, it's QJ. I felt uncomfortable on every street here. Raise preflop? Table is pretty tight and it might've won me the blinds. Take the free card on the flop?

I especially brain-froze on the turn... the C/R on the flop from a pretty straightforward guy has me thinking set or T9 (this guy is playing draws pretty passively), so perhaps I should have just dumped it when the board paired.

-----

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.70 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font>

Klak
11-08-2004, 04:17 PM
i think the board pairing should be enough for you to fold even though you picked up the flush draw. as you said T9 is very likly and would make sense since he c/r'd the flop. by pure odds you may be able to call the turn if you are quite sure that he doesnt have a full.

Marquis
11-08-2004, 04:24 PM
I think you played it perfectly. Too bad you didn't hit one of your outs.

ig0r
11-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Why would you bet the flop here? You've got overcards and OESD, a solid hand, certainly a calling hand, but what value do you see in betting?

davelin
11-08-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you bet the flop here? You've got overcards and OESD, a solid hand, certainly a calling hand, but what value do you see in betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Overcards, an OESD and a back-door flush is a very good hand against 2 others. I don't mind the flop bet because both opponents may fold, or you may get a free card on the turn.

Entity
11-08-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Against two players, there's quite a bit of value in betting. ~10.5 outs, so he needs less than two callers for a bet to be profitable. Add in some folding equity, and a bet here is clear.

Rob