PDA

View Full Version : cheating?

Sandwich
11-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Is there anything to prevent you from playing two or more positions in a single game at the same time, i.e., using different screen names and perhaps different network connections (IP addys)?

BusterStacks
11-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Yes. The fact that when you get caught your accounts get frozen.

Sandwich
11-08-2004, 05:05 PM
How would they go about detecting this if different IPs and mailing addresses were used?

This is a concern to me since I am starting to play online more and more.

Thanks.

krazyace5
11-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I think the less people that know about there detection methods the better, don't you?

BusterStacks
11-08-2004, 05:19 PM
First of all, the number of people who could successfully "cheat" at poker even with two seats is incredibly small. If you doubt this, really take some time to think about HOW you would go about cheating... Pumping the pot? Oh darn, double payout for whoever has the good hand. Ruining pot odds? It will be obvious REAL fast that your raises and bets mean nothing, and thus you will again be paying out twice as much.

slickterp
11-08-2004, 05:21 PM
b/c people notice when 2 players all constantly playing w/ each other, and they report it. the sites can analyze thousands of hands, etc and tell pretty easily if it is one person or two people working together. if the IP's are anywhere near each other you will most likely get frozen out.

Piers
11-08-2004, 05:23 PM
?