PDA

View Full Version : Pre-flop v. Flop play, & a Paluka quote

ElSapo
11-08-2004, 02:55 PM
PokerTracker, the auto-rate function, and Bison's AR stats, seem to show me as being tight-aggressive PF, but slacking off too much after the flop. Basically, I get passive if I miss on overcards, I think. Anyways, it's something i've been trying to work on in the right spots.

So this afternoon I was reading in the mid- high-stakes forum and came across a quote by Paluka that made a lot of sense...

[ QUOTE ]
When you raise UTG preflop, get 2 callers, and then check the flop that is usually a bad sign. If you are going to raise with marginal hands in early position and then let your opponents see the turn for free it is hard to imagine you winning money in the long run. You are going to miss the flop with QTs a lot more than you are going to hit. When you start showing down these QTs hands after raising with the, people are going to start 3 betting you preflop with hands like KJs and they are going to start popping you on the flop with ace high. Combining loose preflop raising standards with passive postflop play is just an ugly situation.

[/ QUOTE ]