PDA

View Full Version : TOP -> HPFAP, SSH

Jasmien
11-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Hello,
after reading most known guides i asked in this forum if it is usefull to order books instead of reading more guides. i did and i have to say: "yes, you were right" /images/graemlins/smile.gifnow i read TOP and its really helpfull to understand some basics, cause different from most guides the book tells you why to do and not only what to do. Now im planing to buy two more books. I thought about SSH and HPFAP (reading SSH first). Is it a good choice or should i buy another? I read alot good criticism bout ITH (Matthew Hilger) but it isnt avaible at amazon-germany :-( What is your Recommendation?

Oh and is it necessary to reread all the books, cause if i dont understand something (cause of my bad english or whatever)i reread it just at that moment. so i dont leave any chapter without understanding the meaning of it! And 2nd: Im only 15 and english is a foreign language (im german) to me so it would be nice if you tell me if those books will be too hard to read (but as i told you, TOP was just fine)

gila
11-08-2004, 02:06 PM
If you can understand the language in TOP, the others will be no problem.

Jasmien
11-08-2004, 02:38 PM
OK sounds good! and what do you think about the books? is it a good choice?

Thank you.
Jasmien

Nemesis
11-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Small stakes hold'em is probably the easiest read for a poker book ever. Ed's style is concise,detailed, easy to understand, and just plain fun to read. I hope that he is doing the majority of writing for the purported NL newbie book that is being written by him and Sklansky as it will make it much easier to read.

gila
11-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Those four books (TOP, HPFAP, SSHE, ITH) are the four that have helped my game more than any others. I am currently reading Middle Limit Poker and, so far, I think it will also be among the best, or at least most thought provoking. I would suggest ITH first, if you can get a copy. Between SSHE, and HPFAP, that depends on what kind of games you will be playing. Loose, low stakes, I would go with SSHE. Tight, high stakes, HPFAP. Then read "shut up and deal" for pleasure.

SlantNGo
11-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Agreed. I have no problem reading it over and over /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Small stakes hold'em is probably the easiest read for a poker book ever. Ed's style is concise,detailed, easy to understand, and just plain fun to read.

[/ QUOTE ]