PDA

View Full Version : 88vsT77

Douper
11-08-2004, 01:20 PM
I know I played this wrong, but I'm not sure what I should do in a situation like this. Any input would be welcomed!

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB <font color="purple">(Table Coach VP$IP 51%)</font> calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Standard raise?

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Table Coach VP$IP 51% bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

I should have raised or folded here... not sure which...

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Table Coach VP$IP 51% bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

probably a bit easier to fold now.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Table Coach VP$IP 51% checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, Table Coach VP$IP 51% folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between CO, Hero and UTG.</font>

davelin
11-08-2004, 01:25 PM
A table coach had 51% VP$P? I would probably -

Limp pre-flop
Raise flop
Fold turn

kurosh
11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm not that good but it looks like UTG was slowplaying trip 7's.

After rereading SSH yesterday, I think the best thing to do is either fold, depending on your read, or call and let the turn card determine your action. The J is kinda bad because it's an overcard but not as bad as an A/K//images/graemlins/diamond.gif so I'd raise. If I'm 3-bet, I'd probably fold.

I could be completely wrong though. I'm still at the micros.

Douper
11-08-2004, 01:36 PM
the reason I raised preflop: I'm using the SSH Loose starting hand chart posted here, and it says raise 88's late, plus we were a little short handed at 7 players.

So I'm raising on the flop to define my hand?

Douper
11-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I would have thought raising would be better than just calling, since it's cheaper to get information now. At least that's what I think SSH would say from reading what others say about SSH (my copy is coming sometime this week).

MrBruno
11-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Preflop: Limp.

Flop: Raise. This would be dependent on my read of the table coach, but I'd raise to see where I stand - calling does nothing to tell you what you're up against.

Turn: Raise again since you probably have best hand.

River: Fold.

kurosh
11-08-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm referring to the portion (I don't remember where it is) when it says if you have AA you should raise on the flop because your hand isn't *that* vulnerable but with TT and a 9-high flop, you should wait until the turn and see if it's a favorable card.

Here, you're not protecting your hand by raising the flop. No one is going to fold for another SB. With two other callers, one of them has to have either overcards, a flush draw, or slowplaying trips. Most micros slowplay trips every single time so I doubt the raiser has trips. He's going to call or 3-bet. If he's LAGgy a 3-bet could mean anything.

An added benefit of raising on the turn is you're representing slowplayed trips which might get anyone with a T or J to fold.

Douper
11-08-2004, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here, you're not protecting your hand by raising the flop. No one is going to fold for another SB. With two other callers, one of them has to have either overcards, a flush draw, or slowplaying trips. Most micros slowplay trips every single time so I doubt the raiser has trips. He's going to call or 3-bet. If he's LAGgy a 3-bet could mean anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, that makes a lot of sense.