PDA

View Full Version : Poker Champs - seems like a good concept. Do you think...

BigNutSack
11-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Poker Champs (Gus Hansen's site) has a very good rake concept. He essentially rebates a % of the rake directly to the user every week based on the # of hands played. This seems like a great concept since it avoids all the gimmicks of other sites - such as bonuses, points, rakeback affiliates, etc... The interface looks cool too. The only reason I haven't signed up is because there were only 500 players, so it really doesn't have the diversity of selection that PP has. The whole key to success is whether there will be enough critical mass to grow this site. I'd like to see it succeed so that I won't have to pay as much rake. Either that or PP should adopt the same structure. Do you think it will fly?

Harvey/Raging homo reporter
11-08-2004, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker Champs (Gus Hansen's site) has a very good rake concept. He essentially rebates a % of the rake directly to the user every week based on the # of hands played. This seems like a great concept since it avoids all the gimmicks of other sites - such as bonuses, points, rakeback affiliates, etc... The interface looks cool too. The only reason I haven't signed up is because there were only 500 players, so it really doesn't have the diversity of selection that PP has. The whole key to success is whether there will be enough critical mass to grow this site. I'd like to see it succeed so that I won't have to pay as much rake. Either that or PP should adopt the same structure. Do you think it will fly?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a story for Harv. I will research and give a full dosier while sipping cream soda.

By the way your handle is giving me goose bumps.

BigNutSack
11-08-2004, 02:15 PM
You should check out the Poker Champs web site, [censored]. There's a picture of Gus Hansen - he's probably your type