PDA

View Full Version : A pure bluff

Rocco
11-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Have about 30 hands against opponent and he's a TAG. Figured he's the kind of guy that would lay down an ace in this situation. Comments? I don't bluff a lot, is this a good spot?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

MHarris
11-08-2004, 10:12 AM
You're only getting 2:1 on your bluff, so you better be sure your opponent is capable of and likely to make this laydown. I'd rather make a move like this with a bigger pot and a more timid opponent.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-08-2004, 10:20 AM
/images/graemlins/spade.gif

college_boy
11-08-2004, 10:25 AM
I think if he respects your raising standards here he's not gonna buy that you have a jack. Also, he could possibly have the jack which means theres no way he's folding. The pots just not big enough to make this kind of play in my opinion.

Rocco
11-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Well, the fact that he's TAG made me play this bluff. The odds of him having a J is quite high and being a TAG he's not gonna chase an A (or the boat if he has a pocket pair). Since the pot is rather small, he probably won't risk additional chips putting me on a bluff. That's just my thoughts...

spamuell
11-08-2004, 11:13 AM
If he does have an ace, I think a TAG will call down HU here, because people do [censored] like this the whole time.