PDA

View Full Version : 50 100 OMAHA H/L HAND ? for Ray Zee

04-06-2002, 12:47 PM
I am in the big blind with Q, 10, 8, 7 rainbow and get to see the flop with 4 players for free.

FLOP is J d, 9 d, 8 h giving me the nut straight

I bet one caller and the guy in the last position raises. I have the nut at the time but no redraws so I decided to only call before getting commited and putting too much money in too early as i put at least one of them on the same hand.

next card is 2 H and the flop looks like that

J d, 9 d, 8 h, 2 h

Here I decided to bet again since with one card to go I still have the nuts and someone here is hoping for the free card even though the board gets really scary. So, I bet, one caller and last postition raises again and we both call.

River is the worst card possible 8 d making both full house and flush possible so i check guy next to me bets , last position raises i fold and the guy who betted folds as well. Did i play that hand correctly ?

Any comments are welcomed

BIGSTU

04-07-2002, 11:03 AM
certainly on fourth street you should have checked and called. notice that no cards to come will give you any decent pot return.the best you may get is half or a quarter unless you get a surprise from your opponents.. this hand shows why those kind of hands in bad position do poorly in all forms of omaha.

also reraising on the flop may have driven out the other limper who became dangerous later. also i always consider folding on the flop here depending on the raiser.

you also find the problem with just calling so as not to put too much in early. you end up putting too much in later some times. since you adopted that way to play the hand you should have checked it out probably or checked and folded when faced with a scary board.

04-07-2002, 02:10 PM
thank you, good advice as I am new to this game. By the way , your book is great just like any other one from that series

bigstu