PDA

View Full Version : OK 1 more nut/nut do you go all-in?

04-03-2002, 04:04 AM
It was a small pot. 4 players I'm in BB. I have

A2910 suits mean nothing.

Flop is:678

I check and onlybutton bets. So I raise to pus'emout. He 3-bets. The others were gone. I offer him to go all in. I actually tried to intimidate him to push them all in. His ego is just right for it but at the last second he bailed. So we go 1 bet at a time to the river.

My hand is good for 3/4. he has 910 also.

This would be a pretty std play wouldnt it, to push all the chips when short and nut both sides with cards still to come? Comments.

04-03-2002, 04:14 AM
So I raise to pus'emout.

I'm sorry, why do you raise? To push them out? I'm not sure you want to push anybody out here...

04-03-2002, 06:07 AM
I agree with Phat Mack regarding the raise to push them out.

However, check raising for value makes sense here.

But even better, IMHO, would be to bet this hand straightforwardly, rather than taking a chance on possibly getting in a check-raise. Bet and hope you get raised by the button after the player in between calls. Then either call or three bet it.

Just my opinion.

Buzz

04-03-2002, 05:42 PM
I havent looked back but I'm sure I didnt mention the flush draw on the board. That is the only reason why I want to charge.

and yes it was meant as PUSH them out. Just a typo.

04-03-2002, 07:35 PM
If there was a flush draw on the flop, who did you want to push out? Actually, I was assuming the flop was rainbow and was going to suggest letting a fush draw come on 4th street so you could pop it there and get the flush draw(s) to chase. In the limit games I've seen, few flush draws will fold on the flop no matter what you throw at them...

04-03-2002, 07:47 PM
I should add that I thought the original move might have been brilliantly conceived. If you thought button could be prompted to push his whole stack in (and players like this are a cherished resource: I call them gunslingers and can spot'em a mile away (even easier to spot are their girlfiends, but, I digress)), then it makes perfect sense to try to get it one on one. Was this your thought in wanting to push them out? What were the limits and in what kind of environment were you playing?

04-04-2002, 07:27 AM
see it was LL, 4-8 with a 1/2 kill. And because he will WAY overplay and be WAY aggressive, and be WAY tilty, and was WAY ahead do to some real lucky bad play(like 4 cards 5-9)I thought he was getting very cocky. A perfect chance to pop him. But somewhere he got some sense and decide to go check-call.

As for the flush draws, I just cant stand a weak flush hanging w/o other outs. And this always happens in LL. But most of all I had 1 eye on this guy on the button.