PDA

View Full Version : Bet this flop?

spacemonkey57
11-08-2004, 12:13 AM
I just moved up to 1/2 and I feel like I've been playing too weak tight because of the new massive stakes. I could post stats, but I've only got 1000 hands in so that's pointless. Is this weak play on the flop? Or is check/folding a decent line against 5 opponents.

Third hand at the table. It had been kind of loose/wild in the first two hands. Should I be betting this flop? Thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero folds.

ig0r
11-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Seems like a standard bet, going for the C/R is risky with only 2 others behind you and no preflop raises

tiltaholic
11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Unless you were trying to check-raise, in which case I would say click that check-raising works better when you click the raise button /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I would definitely bet this flop. That was a weak tight fold, unless you know MP3 is super passive or only bets with the nuts. There are tons of hands MP3 could be betting including anything with a 2, or, more likely, overcards, or overcard. There are onl 2 nines in the deck. Chances are no one has one. Do you bet this at .5/1?