PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of Pot Limit hand

03-28-2002, 02:36 PM
I am on the button in a pot limit game at Paradise with As4s6hTd and call a small raise from under the gun which three others also call (5 see the flop). I have not played with most of these players before and didn't have much of a read on them individually but a couple were loose aggressive both pre and post flop while most were loose passive.

Flop comes 3s5s7d giving me nut straight, second nut low, with nut flush redraw. Oddly, given the preflop raise, it is checked around to me so I bet the pot and get two callers.

Turn is a 9d and first to act bets the pot and next player folds. Hmmm. 68? What to do, what to do? I reraised the pot putting the other player all in. Good idea? I am new to pot limit for real money and I'd never played with this player before this session. However during this session he had twice raised preflop previously with A2 so my thought process at the time was that I thought I probably had the low and I liked my redraws for high which I saw as any non-board-pairing spade with any 8 probably tying our straights.

Anyway river was my beauty card 2s and I scoop a pretty large pot. Other player showed hand and had KhKd6s8s.

I am interested in alternatives to my play. Any comments welcome.