PDA

View Full Version : tried twice "i admit i am the worst"

bearly
11-07-2004, 11:28 PM
i tried to post my plea on the shorthanded sub-forum (it was about short-handed play) and they all said i wasn't needed there. so, here it goes: i am the worst short-handed player in single table sngs. i get to the 'final four' 8.5% of the time. just got off a run of 9 straight 4ths. i just don't know what to do. granted my stack is usually not that large because i play to get to the short-handed part. any help from you who consider your selves good at this aspect of the game. real 'closers'. would be much appreciated. as would replies from anyone on these forums. i play 10, 30, 50, and 100 on pacific and party. about the same results at any size game. my roi is 16%. also, looking for a third site that is like the two i play---for some more variety. a site w/ the same feel, and same general range of games, but w/out party's insane blind structure. one remark: i had a neurological trauma 9 years ago and was left w/ some mild brain damage. so, help that is of the type of 'in your own words' is most easily understood by me. thanks in advance for any help you can give to help me turn frustration into fun........h

lorinda
11-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Pokerstars or UltimateBet have steadier blind structures.

My advice would be to play some low limit 6-max games so you get a feel for short handed play on the cheap.

16% ROI isn't something to be ashamed off, in fact it's the sort of number that means you are earning some money while you learn, so you can afford to try some things out once in a while.

Play lower limits for a while ($11) and play more aggressively when it is short handed, see how you get on.
Then play more tight when it is short handed, try again.
Put a sticker over your 'call' button, pretend it doesn't exist.

I say to play low limit whilst you do all this because that way you won't hurt yourself if you try some things that appear outrageous to you.

last of all ****Post some key hands on this forum.****

Lori

timprov
11-08-2004, 06:51 AM
Since you're already playing at Pacific, play some of the $10+1 5-players there. My shorthanded game stunk early on, so I moved to those tourneys, and now it's much much better than my full-table game.

Rasputin
11-08-2004, 10:35 AM
I change my thought process a little when it gets down to four.

Up until that point, I need a reason to bet be it good cards or an appearance of weakness in my opponent.

Once it gets down to four, I really need a reason NOT to bet or I'm in there. Particularly crappy cards, strength in an opponent or whatever.

I get a lot of comments about being a bluffing machine and what's going to happen to me when I bluff at them when they have cards but I don't finish fourth much at all.

Of course, this is at the lower buy ins.

lastchance
11-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Blind steal and fold. Blind Steal and fold. If your opponents = tight, run over the table. Otherwise, look for opprotunities to get folding equity.