PDA

View Full Version : NotAQuest: Week 1 Results

Benal
11-07-2004, 10:08 PM
For those who didn't read my original post, I forgive you LOL But seriously, I have a hard time sticking with one game. So I decided to stick with the Party $100 NL 6max games throughout November, and not play anything else. This is not a quest. I have no "30K in 30 days" goal. My only goal is to resist the urge to play limit, Multis and SNGs.

I keep track of everything with PokerTracker so here are some stats and numbers for those interested. I'd also appreciate some comments on these hands...

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/alabe27/images/summ.JPG

HAND 1:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 max, 5 handed)

BB ($209.41)
Hero ($89.7)
MP ($35.05)
Button ($98.65)
SB ($274.94)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls $2, MP folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="RED">BB bets $20</font>, Hero ??

HAND 2:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

Button ($84)
Hero ($182.15)
BB ($133.8)
UTG ($300.23)
MP ($128.3)
CO ($319.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="RED">UTG raises to $4</font>, MP calls $4, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $15</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $11, MP calls $11, CO folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($55) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="RED">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="RED">UTG raises to $285.23 (All-In)</font>, MP folds, Hero ??

HAND 3:

BB ($240.3)
UTG ($100)
Hero ($111.05)
CO ($209.2)
Button ($88)
SB ($122)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($17) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $20</font>, BB calls $18.

Turn: ($57) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">BB bets $212.3 (All-In)</font>, Hero ??

HAND 4:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 max, 4 handed)

Hero ($334.85)
Button ($94)
SB ($213.43)
BB ($79)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls $2, <font color="RED">Button raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($13) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="RED">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($23) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="RED">Button bets $5</font>, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $15</font>, Button calls $10.

River: ($53) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">Hero bets $69</font>

HAND 5:

Hero ($587.05)
SB ($114.9)
BB ($193.2)
UTG ($411.48)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls $2, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="RED">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, SB folds.

Turn: ($16) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">BB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

River: ($30) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">BB bets $15</font>, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="RED">BB raises to $70</font>, Hero ??

fimbulwinter
11-08-2004, 01:43 AM
first off, good job with the winrate and putting in the hours. 29 hours in &lt;7 days is huge for a non-pro.

like i said before, play more tables (keeping track of 10 opponents isn't hard) and keep a full table of 10max 7stud 50c/$1 open in the background if you need a distraction.I find that keeping myself mentally entertained is very +ev for those "i just folded off 40 bucks worth of blinds" kind of days.

ok, how i would have played the hands (my experiences from a mere 5-6K hands at this level, a vet will probably give you better answers)

1:
raise AJ 5 handed preflop. fold the flop, he has JT or a slowplayed big pair most of the time here.

2:
Good preflop. he's got AK/AJs or 99/QQ/AA/KK. given this is a situation of "you're either 50/50 or crushed", good fold. you've got deep enough stacks to outplay them later, no need to piss away $150 more thinking he's bluffing.

3:
another instance of the above. either he has a made straight and has you drawing dead, or he has a straight/flushdraw or a set. two of those are very very bad and one is so-so, so fold.

4:
I'd make a value bet against an Ace here, unless he has two pair he's not paying you off. with that board i doubt he'd call a river overbet with one pair. bet like 25 bucks and call a push, cry if he has A4s.

5:
call. you've got close to the nuts, but you dont want to get all-in. if he has the T8 so be it, but you can't fold and a push isn't +ev unless the opponent will fold an 8 ala caspar milquetoast. oh yeah, raise the turn.

good luck with the r(qu)est,

fim

EDIT: oh yeah, one more thing, looking at your numbers, you seem to be really catching some cards. i'm not by any means saying you're not a winning player, but be prepared to see your winrate possibly depreciate while you're still playing strong.

Shilly
11-08-2004, 01:54 AM
Could you repost your numbers? I'm also playing the $100 NL cash games but your stats aren't showing up. This might be a problem with my system, though.

*Never mind, your numbers are showing now. I think that the main difference between you and me is that you'll either win several hundred dollars per session or bust. My numbers show less busting but smaller winning sessions. Although it looks like you're doing a very nice job, I think that it's possible to limit your busting sessions by avoiding tilt and either rebuying or leaving if you lose a big hand that leaves you with $25 or less. It's really easy to push a hand like 66 when you only have $20 left, although you would never put in such a raise if you had a full stack.

Just my comments. Your winrate looks pretty healthy though--also, have you noticed a MAJOR difference in skill level between weekdays and weekends? Over about four hours this weekend I have made $400-$500 without ever being in any tough situations.

Benal
11-08-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the comments.. I lost 4 of those 5 hands by the way /images/graemlins/frown.gif Guess which I won.

Benal
11-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Try reloading the webpage if the stats dont show.. it's messed up like that for some reason..

I have yet to notice much of a difference in players throughout the week. Keep in mind it's only week 1.

I'm actually in the middle of a great session right now.. Sitting with 500+ and some dude I have these stats on just sat down /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TH: 287 - W: ($165) - VP$IP: 34 - PFR: 8
WSD: 25 - W$SD: 41
AF: 3.7 - RW: 77(1) QTo(1) KTo(1) KJo(1) ATs(1)

Benal
11-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Here's how those hands played out.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 max, 5 handed)

BB ($209.41)
Hero ($89.7)
MP ($35.05)
Button ($98.65)
SB ($274.94)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls $2, MP folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="RED">BB bets $20</font>, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $87.7 (All-In)</font>, SB folds, BB calls $67.70.

Turn: ($181.40) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($181.40) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $181.40
<font color="green">Main Pot: $181.40, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB ($181.40).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Tc Jd (two pair, jacks and tens).
Hero has Jc As (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: BB wins $181.40. </font>

Button ($84)
Hero ($182.15)
BB ($133.8)
UTG ($300.23)
MP ($128.3)
CO ($319.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="RED">UTG raises to $4</font>, MP calls $4, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $15</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $11, MP calls $11, CO folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($55) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="RED">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="RED">UTG raises to $285.23 (All-In)</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $137.15 (All-In).

Turn: ($507.38) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($507.38) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $507.38
<font color="green">Main Pot: $389.30, between Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero ($389.30).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $118.08, returned to UTG.</font>

Hero has Ks Kh (two pair, kings and nines).
UTG has Ac Qd (two pair, queens and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $389.30. UTG wins $118.08. </font>

BB ($240.3)
UTG ($100)
Hero ($111.05)
CO ($209.2)
Button ($88)
SB ($122)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($17) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $20</font>, BB calls $18.

Turn: ($57) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">BB bets $212.3 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $83.05 (All-In).

River: ($352.35) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $352.35
<font color="green">Main Pot: $223.10, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB ($223.10).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $129.25, returned to BB.</font>

BB has 9h 8s (straight, ten high).
Hero has Kd Kc (two pair, kings and sixes).
Outcome: BB wins $352.35. </font>

Hero ($334.85)
Button ($94)
SB ($213.43)
BB ($79)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls $2, <font color="RED">Button raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($13) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="RED">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($23) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="RED">Button bets $5</font>, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $15</font>, Button calls $10.

River: ($53) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">Hero bets $69</font>, Button calls $69 (All-In).

Final Pot: $191
<font color="green">Main Pot: $191, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button ($191).</font>

Hero has 5d 5h (three of a kind, fives).
Button has 8c 8d (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: Button wins $191. </font>

Hero ($587.05)
SB ($114.9)
BB ($193.2)
UTG ($411.48)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls $2, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="RED">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, SB folds.

Turn: ($16) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">BB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

River: ($30) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="RED">BB bets $15</font>, <font color="RED">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="RED">BB raises to $70</font>, Hero calls $40.

Final Pot: $170
<font color="green">Main Pot: $170, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB ($170).</font>

Hero has 8c 9h (straight, nine high).
BB has Tc 8h (straight, ten high).
Outcome: BB wins $170. </font>

phil_ivey_fan
11-09-2004, 10:29 AM
ouch!