PDA

View Full Version : AQo v. a TAG

wuwei
11-07-2004, 08:53 PM
I guess it's hands like this that help make AQo a losing hand for me.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">TAG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">TAG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Called here with the intention of raising the turn.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">TAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">TAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Not a good card on the turn, and I went into call down mode. I'm thinking a much better line is raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet. Thoughts?

Thanks,

wuwei
11-07-2004, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking a much better line is raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I was thinking this would save me a bet, which is definitely not the case. Yep, no wonder I'm losing $ with this hand (and many others).

After thinking it through a little more, the obvious answer appears to be fold the turn. Folding really shouldn't be so hard.

JDErickson
11-07-2004, 11:49 PM
I would have capped the flop.

After the K hits I think a call down is reasonable.

Jim