PDA

View Full Version : Should I have folded?

Helios
11-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Ok I was dealer with 88 and UTG raises allin (800) I had about 1200 and normally would fold considering allins preflop tend to be KK AA or QQ (at the 5 dollar touriments I play on royal vegas) but this guy had just lost a big pot and he was on tilt and I figured him for A/k-and a nine or above.

So I called he showed K9 and hit a nine. Now I dont have a problem that I lost that but should I have called if I was confident he had two over cards on me? Also it was early in a ten person tourament with 8 ppl left.

Thanx

rjb03
11-07-2004, 08:42 PM
I played once on RVP and if I remember correctly their SNGs last 15-30 minutes with blinds increasing extremely fast. Anyways, what were the blinds? I assume they are rather high if UTG is pushing K9.

Benholio
11-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Unless the blinds are very high, I would just fold here. Even a tilting playing can get dealt 99 and up, which would put you in a really bad spot. If you have a really good feeling that he has overcards, you are still only a very slight favorite. Slight favorite or big underdog. Not a good spot. Let him have the blinds and take his money later when you have a better shot.

willperkins
11-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Since it is still fairly early in the tourney, I assume the blinds are still low. If so, you do not want to get involved in this hand. If he has AA-99, he has you dominated big time. If he has two overcards to your 88, you are in a coin flip situation. This is not what you want if you have plenty of chips and the blinds are still reasonable. Save your chips for when you know you are a bigger favorite.