PDA

View Full Version : I love AQ

TheLance
11-07-2004, 08:24 PM
There are several places here I'm not sure about,
All comments welcome.

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Bropago
11-07-2004, 08:41 PM
I think you should:
1. Bet the flop.
2. 3 bet the turn.
3. Bet and call a raise on the river.

When the turn comes and you get raised, its likely that he has a Q. He may have the flush, but if so, you have the draw to the nuts (- the straight flush). When the river comes and pairs the board, a lot of hands can beat you, bet for value and call a raise.

tiltaholic
11-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Hi-

I'd bet the flop. The hand plays out differently after that.
I don't like the stop and go. Why did you do it?

3-bet the turn. You hit your hand. He could have a seven and is getting excited. If he has a flush, good for him - you have outs. If he caps the turn, I'd check call the river. If he doesn't cap the turn, I'd lead out and call a raise.
-t