PDA

View Full Version : How bad was this river bet/call?

Eihli
11-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Just sat down, no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (16.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22.50 BB, between Button, Hero and MP2.</font>

pokerkai
11-07-2004, 07:45 PM
I think its standard. With that kinda action you gotta put the villain on some big (possibly medium) pocket pair.
Not many ways to make AK, and if he shows down AQ or AJ...write a note on his play and move on.

Eihli
11-07-2004, 08:19 PM
you don't think a check/call is better? a mediocre hand will bet into my weakness if i check and call if i bet, so i still gain 1 bet there. a strong hand will raise and i'll have to call and i'll likely lose 2 bets. checking will also let me get out cheap if it ends up being 2bets more back to me.

MisterKing
11-07-2004, 08:30 PM
I hate the river bet. You've been overcalled by three guys on the A-high flop, and two guys on the turn. While AK is, as someone above said, unlikely, AQ/AJ/AT are all strong possibilities. From the flop action, I'd say AJ or AT are more likely than AQ, but you never know.

By leading out on the river, you give your opponents the chance to bluff-raise, and potentially to put in either a legitimate or a bluff re-raise (prob don't see this too often at Party 2/4 though). Check/calling instead gives you access to the large pot at a much cheaper price, and a lower likelyhood of being bluffed out. And on top of that, what hands are going to call you that you can beat? KT? QQ/JJ/99? I doubt KT and the latter two are calling down, so your bet seems a clearly -EV play to me.

That said, I do like leading out on the turn.

pokerkai
11-07-2004, 08:32 PM
bleh, i thought the villain was the pf 3 better...
yes, id go check call instead because your not getting calls from under pp anymore and ace possibilities are much stronger

private joker
11-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Did you take a note on MP3 as someone who 3-bets PF and folds to one auto bet on the flop?

Eihli
11-07-2004, 09:28 PM
MP2 has QTs and button has QJo

Gatts
11-08-2004, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP2 has QTs and button has QJo

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'd been playing against these guys at 2/4 I'd be making money.

Eihli
11-08-2004, 01:54 AM
you must not have been playing at partypoker