PDA

View Full Version : Two big PLO losses

03-20-2002, 11:04 AM
I posted this in the NL/PL forum too. Would like to hear from people here about the odds of the first hand (also what are the odds if you take away the flush draw, assuming he has T7), and what they think the correct plays are.

My two biggest lost pots to date on Paradise.

Hand 1. I am in late position ($95) with AcKcTs9s and limp along to see the TcTh7c flop. Checked to me i bet the pot ($7.50), early position check raises to $24, I call. I am thinking that i probably should have reraised the maximum at this point. Worst case scenario he has AKT7 but i have seen this guy make this sort of play with much worse hands.

3d hits the turn he bets, i raise allin he calls, 6s hits river, and he has T985 for a Ten high straight.

How should i have played this hand? Should i have folded after the check raise or reraised? This is the type of hand i have most difficulty with in PLO.

Hand 2. I have AcAhQd3c on the button ($98) and raise the pot to $5.50. much to my surprise i get 4 callers, and flop comes Kc5c3c giving me the nut flush. Checked to me, i bet $20 and get one caller. Turn brings a blank (6h), i bet him allin for $41. He calls and river pairs the K, he has K552 for a flopped set of 5s, and ends up making Kings full on river.

Don't think i did too much wrong here, but maybe i shouldn't have raised preflop with the aces, considering my backup was not very good. It seems to me the players that always raise preflop with aces, give their hands away too often and make themselves easy targets.

Comments, and instructions on how to play when you flop trips with the open pair on board would be good.

03-20-2002, 07:42 PM
I think you play both hands fine. You had both opponents all-in while they were chasing. It doesn't get any better than that. The miserable currs sucked out. Reload. Go get 'em.

03-21-2002, 04:49 PM
That's PLO for you. I would have raised the pot before the flop in Hand #1. But aside from that, neither opponent was going to lay down their hand.

You played fine. Just some bad, buy typical, beats.

Tim