PDA

View Full Version : KTs button - coldcall ok?

Fiddler
11-07-2004, 05:18 PM
The UTG poster is really a LAG player (VP$IP 69% PFR 26%) that has changed seats after having dropped more than 50BB. He is tilting something fierce, almost enough to make me feel guilty... but only almost. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $1.
<font color="CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

I mostly wonder about the cold call. KTs good enough for it and should I re-raise to try and fold the blinds?

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

EDIT: Would the cold call be ok if UTG was a normal player?

Chris Daddy Cool
11-07-2004, 05:45 PM
against this player you should definitely 3-bet preflop. no reason to let the blinds in cheaply and you'd do better to get it heads up.

joker122
11-07-2004, 06:07 PM
3bet to isolate.