PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Stud

03-19-2002, 05:04 PM
Last Friday I played Mexican poker for the first time ever. Who knows that game well enough to give me some professionnal advice? I was shocked by the amateur level of most players and I believe my winning session is due to these gamblers playing bad. However my intent is to play well by choosing the best starting hands to start with and to know what kind of good draw I should be looking for? Also there is the Joker I have to pay attention to. So, any advice?

03-19-2002, 06:10 PM

03-20-2002, 01:33 PM
Each player must ante, and then open a Corona. Low card brings it in for a shot of tequila, and then betting proceeds clockwise until somebody falls off their chair, or pisses in their hat.

03-20-2002, 07:34 PM
A Corona? Count me out.

03-25-2002, 10:57 AM
Mexican Stud is roll your own card Five card stud. Just like five-card stud except you get two down at beginning and choose which one to flip, then one down each time and choose which one you flip. Good game. A fun variation is Shifting Sands, where the card you keep down is wild, as is any other of the same rank.

03-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Shifting sands is one of my all time favorite games. I prefer it played lowball, but have also played it high and hi/low(7,5) with a declare, where it becomes the trap game's trap game.