PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone live in Utah's....

Cubswin
11-07-2004, 03:15 PM
...3rd congressional district? This is Chris Cannon's district. MSsunshine... i think this is just out of your district but i could be wrong.

If anyone lives in this district and would be willing to help me out with something id appreciate it. Very little work involved... i promise.

cubs

MS Sunshine
11-07-2004, 05:38 PM
You missed me, I live in Vegas now.

MS Sunshine

Cubswin
11-07-2004, 05:48 PM
what industry are you in that necessitated a move to sin city? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GrannyMae
11-07-2004, 05:52 PM
if it has anything to do with mormon altar-boys, count Granny IN

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/v/hairraise.gif

Cubswin
11-07-2004, 06:11 PM
do mormons have alter boys? if so, i might have to consider a move /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tyfromm
11-07-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do mormons have alter boys? if so, i might have to consider a move /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They have elders, lots and lots of elders, just about every teenage boy is an elder. I think Green Tea is an elder.

GrannyMae
11-07-2004, 06:30 PM
do mormons have alter boys? if so, i might have to consider a move

i'm telling shauna!!

you are toast

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/e/gasthrower.gif

GrannyMae
11-07-2004, 06:45 PM
I think Green Tea is an elder.

why can't you be funny like this all the time? seriously? why do you go into that freaking troll-attack mode every now and then? you have a great sense of humor and have contributed good stuff, but then you go schizo on us. stop the schizo shiit, huh?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/rolleye.gif

JDErickson
11-07-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They have elders, lots and lots of elders, just about every teenage boy is an elder

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually most teeenage boys are priests not elders. Elders are men who have received the Melchizidek priesthood. Priests have received the Aaronic priesthood.

All Mormons missionaries (men) are Elders though as they are ordained before they leave.

Basically to be an elder you have to have participated in the mormons Temple Ceremony.

Cubswin
11-07-2004, 06:58 PM
NO NO NO.. please dont tell shauna. You are my one and only shauna... i promise you /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cubs

CountDuckula
11-07-2004, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They have elders, lots and lots of elders, just about every teenage boy is an elder

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually most teeenage boys are priests not elders. Elders are men who have received the Melchizidek priesthood. Priests have received the Aaronic priesthood.

All Mormons missionaries (men) are Elders though as they are ordained before they leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but the vast majority of such men are 18 years old. In some sense, they could be considered teenage boys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Also, Priest is the highest office in the Aaronic Priesthood; a 12 year old boy is typically ordained a Deacon, then promoted to Teacher at age 14, and then Priest at 16.

[ QUOTE ]
Basically to be an elder you have to have participated in the mormons Temple Ceremony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not correct. A man has to be ordained an elder before receiving his endowment (which is probably what you're thinking of when you refer to the "Temple Ceremony"). There are other ordinances performed in the Temple; these include baptisms for the dead, which can be performed by younger people (12 or older). A woman usually is not allowed to receive her endowment unless she is about to go on a mission, get married, or enter the military. Exceptions are made for unmarried women over 30 or so, the reasoning being that she is less likely to be married, and still should receive her endowment in this life.

-Mike
(who used to be a Mormon, and was ordained an elder without ever going on a mission, and some 5 years before receiving my endowment)

GrannyMae
11-07-2004, 08:29 PM
endowment

this seems to cum up alot when talking about the mormon church.
got an affiliate link for your old hangout?

i'll take a batism for the dead as a sign-up bonus, and an 18 yr old Aaronic priest as a rake rebate.

PM me the details

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/pape.gif

JDErickson
11-07-2004, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
endowment

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't even go there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Granny in a green leaf apron. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

CountDuckula
11-07-2004, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
endowment

this seems to cum up alot when talking about the mormon church.
got an affiliate link for your old hangout?

i'll take a batism for the dead as a sign-up bonus, and an 18 yr old Aaronic priest as a rake rebate.

PM me the details

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/pape.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, you really don't want to get involved.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-Mike

CountDuckula
11-07-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Granny in a green leaf apron. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, man; now you've gone and made me lose my cookies! /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Mike