PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Trip Accomidations

08-13-2001, 06:34 PM
Hey guys,

I want to find a nice hotel with good LL HE games in it. I read the other posts that stated that the Mirage and the Bellagio are really good places to play but can you guys recommend either of them to stay in? If not is there something close to both that is nice?

Thanks,

Zach

08-14-2001, 03:13 PM
Well, Bellagio is probably the nicest in Vegas. You can get a poker rate if you play 6 hours a day. When I stayed there it was 6 hours total between anyone in the room so my friend and i easily covered it. With the poker rate, the room was $199/night (normally $399/night). Also, you get the poker rate through the poker room not the front desk, so the desk doesn't stick you in some crappy room overlooking the parking lot. We got a 22nd floor room overlooking the fountains. It was very nice.

I haven't stayed at the Mirage, but it is certainly cheaper. Regular rates at any of the nicer strip places should be less than Bellagio's poker rate for normal rooms.

Good luck,

Paul Talbot

08-14-2001, 03:14 PM
Both are nice to stay at.. if you have the $$.

The Bellagio is generally $200+ a night for weeknights, $350+ for weekends.

The Mirage is generally $150+ a night for weeknights, $250+ for weekends.

If you're looking for less expensive rooms, try The Imperial Palace, The Stratosphere, The Sahara, and The Circus Circus. They're on the strip, but not necessarily near the Mirage and/or the Bellagio.

The Bellagio and the Venetian, are two of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Wow..

CHiP

08-15-2001, 09:12 PM
Zach,

If you have a coupla hours... try this website:

www.vegas24hrs.com

This website has direct links to most of the hotels in Vegas... whether on the strip or not. You can usually find a pretty sweet deal at MGM or Luxor for weekday rooms.

Try calling directly to the poker rooms for their rates as Chip N Achair advises... most of these rates will not be posted on the regular sites.

Good luck... hope this helps.

Mike

08-16-2001, 12:35 PM
Hey thanks everyone for your input! What games are out there in these two places?

Thanks,

Zach

08-16-2001, 12:41 PM
Let me amend that a little.. Are there any higher LL HE games that are worth playing besides the 4/8 and 3/6 previously mentioned by Paul? Will you still be able to find loose players at the slightly higher limit play?

Thanks,

Zach

08-17-2001, 02:46 AM
Zach:

I find loose players at $30-$60, both stud and hold 'em. The Mirage also has $6-$12 and The Bellagio has $8-$16.