PDA

View Full Version : ruling help please

vegasgod
11-07-2004, 02:33 PM
At my last home game a situation came up. Player one moves all-in and player two calls and has more than enough chips to cover bet. Player three shows his hand to the player next to him who isn't in the hand. Player three says out loud that he has only one out. The player next to him says no you don't. Then player three decides to call the all-in. This all happens after the turn. The river comes and player three catches and wins the pot. Player one is furious and thinks player three's hand should be dead and he should win the pot.PLEASE HELP!!!!!FRIENDSHIP IS AT STAKE

dogmeat
11-07-2004, 02:40 PM
In my home games, if you show your hand voluntarily to another person then there is a ruling at that moment on whether your hand is dead or not. Usually, this is alright if you have acted and want to have somebody "sweat" your hand, and sometimes we allow insurance on a big hand. However, if you show your hand to another player before you make your decision, especially in your case, your hand would be declared "dead" and the cards mucked.

I assume that the player responding that he had more outs than he thought he did made the assumption that the hand was going to be folded. After he got advice, we would never have allowed him to play the hand. Never.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

juanez
11-07-2004, 03:21 PM
One player per hand - no help or advice from other players, observers, anyone. Period.

Zetack
11-07-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my home games, if you show your hand voluntarily to another person then there is a ruling at that moment on whether your hand is dead or not. Usually, this is alright if you have acted and want to have somebody "sweat" your hand, and sometimes we allow insurance on a big hand. However, if you show your hand to another player before you make your decision, especially in your case, your hand would be declared "dead" and the cards mucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes a lot of sense, however, once the hand is allowed to be played to the end its too late. Player one should have made his objection at the time of the call. His waiting till after the river is angle shooting. He had the advantage, wanted player three's money in the pot, then tried to salvage the situation when the bad card fell on the river. Money goes to the best hand on the river.

--Zetack

Bob T.
11-07-2004, 06:41 PM
This makes a lot of sense, however, once the hand is allowed to be played to the end its too late. Player one should have made his objection at the time of the call. His waiting till after the river is angle shooting. He had the advantage, wanted player three's money in the pot, then tried to salvage the situation when the bad card fell on the river. Money goes to the best hand on the river.

I agree, he can either have the call made, or have the hand declared dead on the turn, but he can't have it both ways, after he sees what the river card was.

If he is going to get any relief from this situation, it should come from player D who opened his mouth.