PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel guilty here?

jedi
11-07-2004, 11:56 AM
3/6 B&M. The villian in this hand (BB) is new to the table, but has already shown down 1 hand. I used that read to base most of my pre-flop decisions here.

Jedi has A /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP.

One limper to me, I raise. 2 more limpers (button and CO). Small blind calls. Big Blind (Villian) re-raises. Villian had previously shown a EMP raise with KJo, so I'm thinking he doesn't necessarily have to have a premium hand here. Even if he did, I think I'm getting the right number of dead money callers so when it gets back to me, I raise again. We lose the small blind, but the other callers come along.

Flop T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif x /images/graemlins/spade.gif x /images/graemlins/spade.gif
He leads out, one person folds, and I raise. The others get out of the way and he calls.

Turn K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Bingo! This time he leads out again, I raise, he reraises. I think for a minute, trying to induce a call and I reraise. He calls.

River 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
He checks, I bet and he calls.

He's got KK.

Now, I feel guilty a bit for bad beating him, but honestly other than the pre-flop cap, I feel quite fine with the way I played this hand. Any thoughts?

jtr
11-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Can I start by saying you have nothing to feel remotely guilty about? KK losing to ATs is not in the realm of bad beats, surely.

Preflop I like the cap -- it has the added benefit of disguising what you hold, and I agree that the dead money in there makes it a raise for value.

On the flop I think there's a case for calling so as not to make the rest of the field face 2 bets cold. (I guess it depends on how sensitive the field is to raises on the flop -- might they call anyway?) You have a monster holding here, and building the pot is probably more important than protecting your hand.

The rest seems standard. Sleep easy in your bed.

Nutz&Boltz
11-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Well played. How many players raz preflop here? I probably just call here because: 1. ATsuited does well multiway, you want to have enough players to draw to the flush or gutshot. 2. Weak kicker 3. An early limper usually has a good hand and the only hands to call you probably have you dominated. Is this weak-tight?

bisonbison
11-07-2004, 12:53 PM
I think for a minute, trying to induce a call and I reraise. He calls.

How about trying to induce a reraise by reraising quickly? When I have the nuts, I try to get more money in and not waste people's time.

Oh, and just to save chesspain and milo some time: You feel guilty because you're ashamed of your penis and the things it makes you do.

chesspain
11-07-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and just to save chesspain and milo some time: You feel guilty because you're ashamed of your penis and the things it makes you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...do you mean things like prancing around the room singing "I feel pretty-oh so pretty..."

Maybe not.

bisonbison
11-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Oh...do you mean things like prancing around the room singing "I feel pretty-oh so pretty..."

Maybe not.

I was thinking of a particular morning in madagascar when I woke up soaked in lemur blood and discovered I had been betrothed to the town water pump.