PDA

View Full Version : Borrowed the skirt off the Queens?

bunky9590
11-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Pokerchamps 10-20 limit (7 handed)
3rd orbit at the table. UTG I have some history with and he doesn't get out of line, not very tricky though.

UTG raises, folded to Bunky in MP with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
and I three bet, folded back to UTG who caps, I call.

Flop T high rags. He bets, I call

Turn Rag
He bets, I call

River (Pairs a rag)
He bets, I call.

Well thats just a really manly hand. Maybe the skirt was too short?

spamuell
11-07-2004, 10:55 AM
UTG I have some history with and he doesn't get out of line, not very tricky though.

Then why not raise flop, folding to a 3-bet or turn check-raise. This way, you charge him when he has AK and lose less when he has a bigger pair.

sthief09
11-07-2004, 11:06 AM
standard. he has AA, KK, QQ, maybe JJ or AK. since half the time you have AK, it might be best to raise the turn for a free showdown, hoping that he'll lay down overcards, choosing to make him fold AK rather than gain an extra bet from him. the problem is often he'll 3-bet you with AA, but probably not KK

bunky9590
11-07-2004, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then why not raise flop, folding to a 3-bet or turn check-raise. This way, you charge him when he has AK and lose less when he has a bigger pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfectly valid line. I decided raising was very bad because this hand did have some showdown value. He could have JJ, or possibly double barrle bluff the flop and turn, in which he folds if I raise, he three bets when I'm behind, and possibly with say JJ thinking I'm screwing around with AK. I thought I had some good showdown value, hence the catholic schoolgirl calldown.

bunky9590
11-07-2004, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
standard. he has AA, KK, QQ, maybe JJ or AK. since half the time you have AK, it might be best to raise the turn for a free showdown, hoping that he'll lay down overcards, choosing to make him fold AK rather than gain an extra bet from him. the problem is often he'll 3-bet you with AA, but probably not KK

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm gettign a free showdown. I decided to go into a calldown mode pretty darn quick for a Bunky Hand.

bunky9590
11-07-2004, 01:50 PM
UTG flips AA and takes the pot.

Meh. Can't help but think there was a way to avoid this though. Thanks gang.

sublime
11-07-2004, 02:10 PM
UTG I have some history with and he doesn't get out of line, not very tricky though.

makes me first think, raise the river. but then i realize he capped and isnt "tricky" so i guess calling down better.