PDA

View Full Version : When passive players turn aggressive

Vern
11-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Party $1/$6 6Max (4 Handed)

BTN is fish, VP$IP of 74%, PFR of 8.3% and mostly passive postflop (0.61 Post Flop Aggression Factor)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
One fold, BTN calls, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BTN calls.

Flop: (4.5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BTN calls

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises</font>, Hero?

HU against a tricky or aggressive opponent I would generally re-raise here with the intent to call a cap and one on the river or lead the river if my re-raise is just called. Against a loose/passive player who now raises me on the turn, is a laydown better? I am 6:1 on my turn call, but I think I am behind here more than 95% of the time since someone as passive as him is only going to be raising with a 4. So calling or raising both appear to be -EV. Anyone not lay this down and if you were to stay, do you call or raise the turn with what intent if you are called or re-raised?

NYGmen56
11-07-2004, 09:46 AM
I agree that, most of the time, you bet/raise/cap toss all your money in the pot. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

However, if you really believe your read to be accurate, and that this guy is a really passive player and at least half the time has a four here, then by calling down you are not losing anything