PDA

View Full Version : AJ against a TA-A

wuarhg
11-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Kaz The Original
11-07-2004, 08:10 AM
It's a close decision. That is, should you fold the flop or fold when you're three bet preflop. You should try the preflop fold given your read. It's liberating.

sin808
11-07-2004, 08:15 AM
was there a question? The flop raise is probably debatable but the rest of it's pretty basic looking.

Entity
11-07-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a close decision. That is, should you fold the flop or fold when you're three bet preflop. You should try the preflop fold given your read. It's liberating.

[/ QUOTE ]
You should NOT fold preflop, period.

The flop raise is marginal, but against a TA-A, I'm probably playing it the same. If he knows you're TA-A, he knows you've got a wide range of hands that he's going to 3-bet from the BB against a CO openraise.

The rest of the hand is pretty standard.

Rob

maryfield48
11-07-2004, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You should NOT fold preflop, period.

The flop raise is marginal, but against a TA-A, I'm probably playing it the same. If he knows you're TA-A, he knows you've got a wide range of hands that he's going to 3-bet from the BB against a CO openraise.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's what the poster meant, Rob. You'll liberate your bankroll.

Entity
11-07-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's what the poster meant, Rob. You'll liberate your bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think advising a raiser to fold after raising from the CO is terrible advice, period. You should NOT fold preflop, period. The problem with doing that is that you're getting 5.5:1, and you aren't a 5.5:1 dog against any of their possible holdings.

With a pair and a solid backdoor draw, I'm not folding the flop, and I'm probably raising his bet to try to gain control of the hand. When I get 3-bet, I'm getting 11.5:1 with second pair and a backdoor flush draw, so I'm calling and folding the turn UI.

Rob

Shillx
11-07-2004, 04:14 PM
This is very poor advice IMO. Constantly raising and folding to a 3-bet on the same street can incourage bad, passive players to turn tricky and unpreditable against you real quickly.

The Shill