PDA

View Full Version : Playing Bad #2

Schneids
11-07-2004, 05:13 AM
Diablo is CO. SB is unknown but so far feels reasonable (I play on feel, not thoughts). I am button.

Party Poker 10/20 6m

Schneids is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
1 fold, UTG+1 limps, Diablo raises, Schneids 3-bets, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Diablo caps, all call.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, UTG+1 calls, Diablo raises, Schneids calls, SB 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, Diablo caps, all call.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, all call.

River: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, UTG+1 calls, Diablo folds, Schneids calls.

MEbenhoe
11-07-2004, 05:46 AM
I absolutely hate the call on the flop. Why didnt you 3 bet this? I think this is a situation where you're far enough in that you have to call down the turn and river if not considering throwing a raise in because you will get played into like that with hands you have beat.

Schneids
11-07-2004, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely hate the call on the flop. Why didnt you 3 bet this? I think this is a situation where you're far enough in that you have to call down the turn and river if not considering throwing a raise in because you will get played into like that with hands you have beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called to see what SB would do. If SB calls I auto-raise Diablo's turn bet and hope Diablo doesn't have AA.

I actually think cold calling the flop is the best choice because it leaves me extra options on the turn and will let me learn more about others' hands.

theBruiser500
11-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Since it's a 4 way pot wouldn't it be very easy for him to be jamming the flop with something like 56, 45. Although I guess he did have to call 2 1/2 bets to him preflop, but he could have a flush draw.

Danenania
11-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Seems well played to me. I like the flop coldcall. El D must have had A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif right? Guess you have to call the river because SB could have JJ though he usually has a set.

Ulysses
11-07-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems well played to me. I like the flop coldcall. El D must have had A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. I had AhTh.

Stork
11-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Why cap preflop with 3 or 4 callers with AhTh?

Ulysses
11-07-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why cap preflop with 3 or 4 callers with AhTh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

Schneids
11-08-2004, 01:47 AM
SB wins with 77.

I honestly believe I should fold on the turn.

Between SB's supposed saneness, the amount of draws out there, and the fact Diablo would play AA the same way as well makes it so unlikely that I have the best hand, and even if I do, I am going to not have the best hand at showdown so often. Worst case, when the board doesn't pair up I need to fold on the river.