PDA

View Full Version : DVD Review "2003 World Series of Poker"

Mark Heide
11-07-2004, 02:48 AM
I picked this up at Wal-Mart yesterday for $24. It's a two DVD set with 7 episodes. Each episode is 50 minutes long giving you plenty of table action to watch.

These are the ESPN broadcasts, but I think this is great viewing because it covers quite a few players that you will run into if you decide to play a WSOP event. Having information about your opponents is valuable. I highly recommend it for your library along with Sklansky's Tournament Poker book.

I hope next year ESPN puts out the same package again so I can see Fossilman win the WSOP.
Good Luck

Mark

DocMartin
11-07-2004, 05:28 AM
Wife thought this would be a good present so I just got it as well. Get it from Wal-malt though, I think she paid more through ESPN or Championship Video or something.

It just has all the coverage from the main event last year, same as they showed on TV but without the commercials. There are a couple of "special features" but its just Kenny Mayne being amusing at the WSOP, Moneymaker on ESPN's "Cold Pizza", and a quick lame bit on ESPN's "PTI".

pokerkai
11-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Im sure this will pop up on some affiliate offer soon enough

Greg (FossilMan)
11-07-2004, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope next year ESPN puts out the same package again so I can see Fossilman win the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can count on that. ESPN has been in touch with me about doing a commentary track for the DVD.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)