PDA

View Full Version : Mac friendly Poker Sites?!?!?

rich
11-07-2004, 02:03 AM
are there any sites that have Mac compatable software? i know there are go-between software programs that let windows based programs run on a mac, but i dont want to track those down.
does anyone know of any sites with mac friendly software??
any info would be great.
-rich

mikeyp
11-07-2004, 02:09 AM
i think that pokerroom has a java based client.

burningyen
11-07-2004, 12:07 PM
I think Bugsy's is supposed to be Mac-friendly. But if you're a profitable player, you do yourself a disservice not to buy VirtualPC and play at the big sites.

busguy
11-07-2004, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if you're a profitable player, you do yourself a disservice not to buy VirtualPC and play at the big sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said

/images/graemlins/frown.gif busguy

Eratosthenes
11-07-2004, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think that pokerroom has a java based client.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerroom's java client is pretty OK, except: 1) you can only play one table and 2) it doesn't support stats and notes. I think this makes it unsuitable for serious players.

I find pokerroom's (small stakes) games to be tougher than party's, though still profitable.

Pokeraddict
11-07-2004, 12:57 PM
There is a room that has only 1 game going, if that called Victoria's Poker that has a Mac version.

Mangatang
11-07-2004, 01:04 PM
I know Pacific has a web-based version that requires no download. I don't know anything about Macs, so I don't know if you can use this or not. Does anyone know if Pacific's no-download version works on Macs?

PokerRoom.com
11-08-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom's java client is pretty OK, except: 1) you can only play one table and 2) it doesn't support stats and notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually play up to four tables at the same time in both the Java client and the downloadable client at PokerRoom.com.

Notes and stats are however not available in the Java version because it doesn't save anything on the user's harddrive.

Sincerely,
PokerRoom.com

mason55
11-09-2004, 06:21 PM
I've had trouble getting Pacific's no download client to work any where, let alone on my mac. I email support about it a couple of days ago but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

YourFoxyGrandma
11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
I have a mac (dual 1.4gHz G4 w/ 2gb RAM) and I use Virtual PC for poker. It runs pretty slowly in comparison to a top of the line windows machine, but for playing online poker, it's really everything you need. The newest version (7) is going be pretty expensive, but you can find an older version (I would reccomend none earlier than 6) on ebay for much cheaper.

I think the cost of the software would probably pay for itself in the extra money you'd be making by playing at the bigger sites.

Mangatang
11-09-2004, 10:17 PM
That's funny, because when I go out of town on business, I always play on Pacific's no download version on my company laptop from my hotel room. It works fine for me. I just don't know if it works for a Mac.

mason55
11-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Weird... I've tried on Linux, Mac, 3 different windows computers, tried firefox, netscape, mozilla, safari, from multiple physical locations and none of them even get me to the login screen. I guess I'll just wait for Pacific to email me back.

mason55
11-10-2004, 02:26 AM
If you think that's slow you should see it on my 700MHz iBook with 256 MB ram :-)