PDA

View Full Version : TT played too hard?

IsaacW
11-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Did I play this too hard? After the reraise, I'm thinking that I had about 3 outs on the flop, then picked up one of my backdoor straight draw cards on the turn to improve. The river I think is fairly straightforward.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

BonJoviJones
11-07-2004, 01:41 AM
I like the flop 3-bet against nearly all opponents. Some opponents you can just call the raise with, but there is a wide variety of hands he could raise you with on that flop that you beat.

His turn bet is scary, though. I probably fold if I didn't hit my straight draw.

I play it the same way given how it played out.

IsaacW
11-07-2004, 12:39 PM
SB has J/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero has T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB.

My thinking on the flop was that I had about 1 out for the backdoor straight draw and two outs to hit my boat. His turn bet is scary, but on the turn I had six outs to a better hand than trip jacks (two tens and four nines) while getting 7:1 from the pot.