PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in this situation???

genya
11-07-2004, 12:36 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 4 handed)

SB ($9.8)
BB ($3.65)
Hero ($14.95)
Button ($41.8)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($3) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, Button calls $1.

River: ($5) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>,

??? Any comments?? What do you think he has??

Final Pot: $9.50

bholdr
11-07-2004, 01:02 AM
bet more, probably at leatt a dollar on the flop and at least the pot on the turn- when somebody has a fluch draw you've gotta take their pot-odds away
that bet looks like a flush, fold

DBowling
11-07-2004, 03:12 AM
Youre small river bet looks like you want to see a cheap showdown. I guess you either raise or call. He's come this far with his flush draw, hope he picked up a pair on the way and will call you down.

edit: my actions reflect youre short stack. if i had a larger stack, following your actions on all streets, i would not want to reopen the betting by reraising, but i would definatly call. To change the hand from the begining with a larger stack, i would have made pot sized bets on the flop turn and river.

ethan
11-07-2004, 03:18 AM
hero calls (edit - or raises. A push is a reasonable plan here.) You look very, very weak to him at this point...maybe a missed club draw. He could have quite a few hands you beat, and I don't see a reasonable player beating you with anything but a backdoor flush here.

willie24
11-07-2004, 03:28 AM
i think you need to fold preflop.

i would definitely make a bigger bet on the flop.
i think you absolutely have to make a bigger bet on the turn. you must bet more than half the pot. personally, i would bet the size of the pot on both the flop and the turn.
i would also bet out at least half the pot on the river.

as it is you have an easy call on the river. he really could have anything. 1 pair, 2 pair, nothing, a flush, who knows. you have no idea because you bet so small the whole way. you only have to win 27% of the time to warrant a call. you will almost certainly win more than 50% of the time.

LokiV
11-07-2004, 04:04 AM
Why were you betting so little?

In a 4 handed game someone will probably call a pot sized bet with any piece of that if not just fire back at you. Your small bets do nothing to build the pot, but do make you seem weak so you will often be reraised by an aggressive player.

Weak players bet so small with mediocre hands and never understand why they inevitably lose to drawing hands (which they provide great odds for). If he flipped over a flush or whatever, you deserved it and I hope you learned a lesson. If he didn't I still hope you learn a lesson. If you folded...

genya
11-08-2004, 02:40 AM
well I ended up folding that hand. I do realize that my bets should have been much bigger, and I did learn a lot from playing that hand. I had a good feeling that i was going to get beat by the flush.

lostinthought
11-08-2004, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hand. I had a good feeling that i was going to get beat by the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

which one? the club draw or the backdoor flush?

Either way, the call preflop is debatable,
and you should have been betting more on the the flop and turn.

You made a nice hand, but this is not a monster. Don't slow roll it, and don't be scared to put some money out.

thatpfunk
11-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Fold preflop. Position.

If you get in this situation, pot the flop and turn.