PDA

View Full Version : Lost on the Trun

_Kevin_
11-06-2004, 11:54 PM
I was completely confused on the turn here. Looking at it now, I probably should have just dropped it when it was 2 bets to me but I thought I had a slim chance of being ahead (probably stupid). When it was 3-bet and capped I couldn't come up with any hand I could beat (I probably should have reached this conclusion on the 1st two bets). What the correct play here?

Forgot to mention both players are LA-P.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

Piiop
11-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Fold the first time it's 2 to you. Button already was showing a ton of strength on the flop and now the BB wakes up too? Top pair 2nd kicker is no good, especially against 2 players who are passive postflop.

BonJoviJones
11-07-2004, 01:48 AM
3-betting the flop is fine. When it's two bets to you on the turn where there is four to straight on the board...

You're not ahead enough of the time to warrent a car. Fold.