PDA

View Full Version : Hand Reading -- sfer vs Evan Part II, Part I

sthief09
11-06-2004, 11:41 PM
In part II, part II I'll post what sfer did and what Evan had...

Evan open raises preflop in EMP, sfer 3-bets on the button with some black variety of AQ, Evan calls. headsup pot

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (headsup)

Evan checks and calls

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Evan check-raises, sfer...

what does Evan have and what should sfer do?

FWIW I think sfer should've checked the turn

MarkD
11-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Sfer should definitely check the turn (he has Black AQ right?). Evan has AA, KK, or (much less likely) AK or QQ. Sfer should fold this turn.

I think Evan would check raise the flop, or bet out, if he has any type of middle pair hand.

sthief09
11-07-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sfer should definitely check the turn (he has Black AQ right?). Evan has AA, KK, or (much less likely) AK or QQ. Sfer should fold this turn.

I think Evan would check raise the flop, or bet out, if he has any type of middle pair hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan plays pretty straightforward. I'd be surprised if he didn't cap with a big pair in that spot. I should've given that read. that's what made this hand perplexing.

Piiop
11-07-2004, 12:30 AM
I agree with Mark that a med PP would've checkraised the flop...so I'm not really sure. Were they playing weird just cuz it was Evan vs sfer? Maybe Evan has something like 2 big diamonds (AT/KQ/KJ) or a monster.

I also think sfer should've checked the turn.

Evan
11-07-2004, 01:54 AM
I wanted to elaborate a little bit on this hand.

Dave and I have played together a decent amount and we know each other's games very well. He knows that I play very straight forward poker and I can get too weak at times. I know that he plays very well, especially post flop, and is an excellent hand reader. He also has a history of being able to push me off of the best hand, especially over cards on boards that I whiff; to compound the confusion, he knows that I know this.

I'm not saying this to influence anyone's thoughts in any particular way, but I think it's important to consider.

edtost
11-07-2004, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]
so basically, dave play goot, you play nittish?

Evan
11-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Dave 3 bets my turn check raise, I call. River is a black Q, I check call. Any more thoughts...

sfer
11-07-2004, 08:35 PM
It was A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Evan's hands after he just called rather than checkraising the flop can be narrowed to diamond overcards or AK. I think Evan will fold AK enough to make a turn bet worthwhile. I was planning on also betting a non diamond, non A or K river card unimproved.