PDA

View Full Version : Does he have me beat?

Sent
11-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???.

He pulled a weird ass stop and go. Does he have me beat or do I raise again here?

-Sent

pokerkai
11-06-2004, 11:53 PM
With that kinda flop action, im inclined to say he has either some weird two pair, or a set. I dont think you can give him credit for a ten here, because I really cant think of a hand (unless hes a maniac) that your typical player will cap with that includes a ten. I guess theres the remote possibility of AT.

I think I would call here tho, cuz im a wuss.

ThePimpulator
11-07-2004, 12:02 AM
And with the stregth you are showing, surely a Ten would go for a CR.

StellarWind
11-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Call the river. You don't have the 2/3 chance to win required to bet into a possible straight.

Possible hands for him are a set and AT. The AT seems overplayed on the flop and turn, but remember you didn't raise preflop (why not??) so he may have put too much reliance on his kicker.

Most players will not go for the checkraise on the river with a four-straight on the board. Unless they have a good read on you I agree with them. Most players wimp out on this river bet and leave the checkraiser empty-handed.

Rubeskies
11-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah, why didn't you raise preflop from late position with AJ?