PDA

View Full Version : TT Hand

Unarmed
11-06-2004, 10:10 PM
I don't normally lead into a PF raiser like this but this looked like a pretty good flop for me. Thoughts? No notes on Villain, which means he hasn't done anything stupid yet.

$5 PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed)

MP2 (t1540)
CO (t1930)
Button (t1310)
Hero (t1450)
BB (t1130)
UTG (t1400)
UTG+1 (t1470)
MP1 (t3270)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t80</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls t70, BB folds.

Flop: (t180) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t180</font>, UTG+1 calls t180.

Turn: (t540) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets t220</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t760

willperkins
11-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I am always interested in your posts Unarmed because you think almost the exact opposite of me. This is a good thing, because I can learn to be a better player. I am still trying to learn this game so I certainly want to hear from you or anyone else as to the reasoning for calling a 4 X BB raise with TT.
Since he is in early position and raised 4 X BB, I would have to put him on AA, KK, QQ, or AK. You are a big dog to three of these hands and the other is a coin flip.
From what I have read, you should have a better hand to call with than to raise with. Is TT a good hand to call an early position raise?

Unarmed
11-06-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am always interested in your posts Unarmed because you think almost the exact opposite of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA
Perhaps thats a good thing for you /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Since he is in early position and raised 4 X BB, I would have to put him on AA, KK, QQ, or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure thats a safe assumption at the $5 tables, but I WANT him to have AA so I can take his whole stack if I hit my 10. The tens were played for set value here, I'm 7.5-1 to hit my 10 on the flop, and I only had to call 5% of my stack.

Easy call.
Once I miss my 10 the flop bet is pretty iffy given A high may not even lay down here.

Benholio
11-06-2004, 11:36 PM
If you are going to play your hand for set value, then stick to that and play it for set value. Here, you missed your set and bet your hand anyway.

The pot odds/implied odds for playing this hand for set value are cutting it really close, so you can't afford to lose anymore chips on this hand when it misses and still have it be a profitable play in the long run.

I would have definately called this PF too, but I wouldn't feel comfortable betting the flop when I was hoping my opponent had a bigger pair so I might bust him with a set.

Another option might have been to check-raise. That would be more likely to get rid of AK, AJ type hands, or other pocket pairs lower than Q.