PDA

View Full Version : Scientist Observe Anomaly in the Behavior of Pacific Fishes

toss
11-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Wow. They're folding. One right after another.

<font color="green">Pacific Poker</font> Hold'em .1/.2 <font color="blue">(8 Handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero hold Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on UTG+1.
UTG calls, Hero calls?!?, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Small calls, Big checks.

Yeah I know its a horrendous call I made. I was overdosed on painkillers at the time so there.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 Players)</font>
Small checks, Big checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds!, Small folds!!!, Big folds, UTG calls.

3 players folding in a row? On <font color="green">Pacific</font>?!?! Fold?

Turn: (5BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
UTG folds, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls.

Lessons learned: The fishes fear the flush.

Ummmm standard play after the Preflop call?

Entity
11-06-2004, 09:08 PM
toss,

Fold this preflop. QJo is a hand best left for the Button or CO, and I don't call with it often there either.

Rob

toss
11-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Do you mean you'll fold it in CO or the Button if a solid unimaginative player calls before you?

Entity
11-06-2004, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean you'll fold it in CO or the Button if a solid unimaginative player calls before you?

[/ QUOTE ]
If one solid unimaginative player calls before me, I'm probably mucking it. If we've got a few bad limpers, I'll call along. I don't really care much for offsuit broadways with the exception of KQo.

Rob

LLXC
11-06-2004, 09:56 PM
I guess I'm not that opposed to the limp preflop but I definitely don't like the bet. You won't be able to bluff anyone with Kh Ah out. But I guess the one with the flush will tell you by reraising.