PDA

View Full Version : is there a way not to lose all your $ on this one?

paulish
11-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Mini Tourney on Paradise, Level II 10/20, 10 players

SB = 1.525
BB = 1.250
EP2 Villian = 1.210
MP2 = 740
Button Hero = 965

Pre-Flop
SB post 10, BB post 20, Villian limps, MP2 raises 20 more, Hero calls 40 with [8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif] (<font color="red">should Hero have raised here?</font>), BB and Villian calls.

Flop
4 players, pot = 170, Hero has 925 left
[7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Villian checks, MP2 bets 100, Hero raises it up to 300 (<font color="red">are there any other opions?</font>), BB folds, Villian calls, MP2 folds.

Turn
2 players, pot = 870, Hero has 625 left
[7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] [3/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Villian checks, Hero bets all-in (<font color="red">it's too late to turn around now, right?</font>), Villian calls.

River
2 players, pot = 2.120
[7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] [3/images/graemlins/spade.gif] [A/images/graemlins/spade.gif]

Villian flips over [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

<font color="red">Is there a way not to lose all your $ on this one?</font>
<font color="blue">paulish</font>

Miscreant
11-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Nope.

lastchance
11-06-2004, 08:46 PM
I might push on the flop for the usually existent Full House outs, obviously you're not getting the pure nuts to fold or lose the hand though (and I don't think there's anyway to possibly beat that hand).

Other than that, I'd have to check the turn. You really want to check the turn for a free card, and so you might underbet the pot even more to make sure you can.

Klak
11-06-2004, 08:49 PM
no. just be glad it wasnt a cash game.

paulish
11-07-2004, 08:14 PM
If the Villian had [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (instead of [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]) on that flop; [7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif], then I would at least had a 33% chance of winning with my [8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif], but...

when you're drawing dead, you get there
<font color="blue"> paulish </font>

TheTimeIsUp
11-07-2004, 09:22 PM
You probably could sniff out the flush if you underbet the turn. I am not sure why these other posters think you pratically had the nuts with all these possibilities that could beat you on the board.