PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with limpers

NYGmen56
11-06-2004, 07:27 PM
After my first 1500 hands at 1/2 SH I am down 60BB. I'm trying to play extremely tight btu aggressive when I hit, my VP$IP is 20 so far, and my aggression numbers are 1.8, 4, 3.7, 3.

I am still having trouble with all the limpers, terrible players at this level who do not respect any kind of a raise. I was wondering if any of the 1/2SH players could help me out a little, especially those who used to play 1/2SH before moving to 5/10??

I notice most of these posts are about 5/10 and above. How do I alter my strategy for this level?? I'm not worried about the results so far, but it got me thinking about what style to play.

Do I still raise UTG w/AQo? Do I still 3 bet 77 from the CO? Or should I develop a more passive preflop/flop style and then, when I hit something 2 pair or above, then take it to the house.

Thanks again

exist
11-06-2004, 08:21 PM
limpers are what makes a game easy to beat. play more straightforwardly. semibluff very little. value bet very aggressively. play it almost as if it were a full ring game.

"Do you still raise AQo UTG?" i suppose you asked this because many of them call with too many hands. well, yeah, it's fine if they want to call with bad hands. that makes you money. however just because you had the best hand to start doesn't mean you should automatically bet the flop against multiple opponents.

"Do I still 3 bet 77 from the CO?" well, you shouldn't be three betting this based on your position, you should be 3 betting it because it compares favorably with the range of hands that the raiser would raise with.

i think reason you may be having trouble is not that you don't have a particular style, it's that you need help with many areas of your game. post as many hands here at 2 + 2 as you can. try to answer other posts and compare your answers to other posters. if you have thinking that is incorrect, other posters will correct you (most of the time). and if you haven't already, but and study Small Stakes Holdem.