PDA

View Full Version : I smelled blood in the water...and Chief's cow said push.

Sam T.
11-06-2004, 07:24 PM
This is a hand from a Stars satellite to the WPT tournament. It started with 387, and is down to 18. Top two get seats. I'm about average in terms of stack. No read on villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (6 handed)

CO (t28157)
Hero (t31520)
SB (t77603)
BB (t59792)
UTG (t53408)
MP (t60549)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t800, MP folds, LittleJen folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t3000</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t2200.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif [Pot t7200]

<font color="CC3333">UTG bets t1600</font>,

Hero...

The limp preflop didn't exactly scream strength, though the call did worry me. The flop underbet also struck me as weak, so I figured a big bet would blow him off his hand and and take down a nice pot.

MLG
11-06-2004, 07:46 PM
You smell blood, i smell, AQ, KQ, JQ. He's pricing you in, call and look at the turn.

Ross
11-06-2004, 09:40 PM
No you could be committing a major tournament error of getting your chips in with worst the hand and have vitually no outs if you walk into A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. I do'nt think you can read the under bet as weakness.

Ross

MLG
11-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Sometimes you can certainly read an underbet for weakness. Fearing specifically A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif is fearing monsters under the bed. There are lots of reasons not to raise, being afraid of that specific hand is not one of them.

Chief911
11-06-2004, 10:18 PM
I think the cow might have been a bit nervous about pushing, based on the flat call preflop, and the "Come over the top of me" inducing bet on the flop. I dont think you put him on a flush draw, so I wouldn't mind flat calling HIM here, and attempting to outdraw him, as you are surely beat at that point in the hand. I think if you hit your flush, you are good to go (Maybe he has the Ac).

I'd flat call here, see the turn and if he is willing to fire the 2nd barrel.

Nick

zaxx19
11-06-2004, 10:21 PM
"LET IT GO BIG MAN LET IT GO"--- BILL WALTON

i smell all kinds of fishiness on that flat call and that small mini bet on the flop ..............

yu tried to steal a pot yu didnt now this is where aggressive players lose tourneys when thay just cant release with hand that should be let go.....

Sam T.
11-07-2004, 12:09 AM
MLG has a better sense of smell than I do: it was KQ.

The good news was that I hit the A /images/graemlins/club.gif on the turn completing the flush. The bad news was that he had K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.

So between us we had a Royal Flush, but he kept all the chips for himself.

MLG
11-07-2004, 12:50 AM
I think im getting it all-in on the turn here after i call the flop. sometimes you are destined to go broke.

Chief911
11-07-2004, 03:26 AM
Isnt Bill Waltons saying "Throw it down big fella, Throw it down!"

=)

Nick