PDA

View Full Version : Tough drawing situation...

blackaces13
11-06-2004, 06:39 PM
$10+1 SNG.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t2280)
Hero (t1160)
UTG (t1152)
MP (t2268)
Button (t1140)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t200, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t600) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t600</font>, Hero...?

Klak
11-06-2004, 06:52 PM
that is a tough one. what you do here very much relies on reads. if you think theres a chance that SB is bluffing, push is definatly what you want to do. basically, how likly you think that they both will fold determines what you should do. if you havent been paying attention and have no reads, let this one go. there will be at least some 50-50 chances for you later, so risking it all with a less than 50-50 chance to make it is not a good idea.

blackaces13
11-06-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you think theres a chance that SB is bluffing, push is definatly what you want to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I had the same thought, I wanted to go all in and put him to the test with a big semi-bluff. But here's my major problem. I only had 960 left, the bet was 600 as was the pot. If I shove SB is obligated to call me, I cannot push him off a better hand when the pot is laying him 6-1 minimum on his call closing the action for the rest of the hand.

Also, if I fold I'll be left with 960, have the button which is huge, and still have a good shot at making the $$ with 5 players left and big blinds.

I used my full time bank on this one and still am not sure I played it right.

Klak
11-06-2004, 08:00 PM
i thought you had more chips than that. id say easy fold since theres no chance your bet will fold him.

captZEEbo1
11-06-2004, 08:01 PM
You have to figure you have 12 outs (unless he somehow has the nutflush draw, which would be horrible). You can't really count on a fold, even if he is bluffing. I highly doubt sb is bluffing here though, b/c of the MP limp.

How soon are blinds moving up again? There's probably a better spot to gamble on. Just allin every decent opportunity you can after this pretty much, unless you get a double up.

lastchance
11-06-2004, 08:42 PM
I think this is a good time to take a coinflip. You'll need to survive a few more orbits to money anyway, and you'll probably need to double up down the road.

I move in.

Klak
11-06-2004, 08:45 PM
i dont know if you can even consider this a coin flip. hes about 32%(?) to make the flush and has 3 possible overcard outs. i dont know what his % of improvement is but i think its less than 50%

Sidekick
11-06-2004, 10:07 PM
In this situation I would fold and hope that SB and MP tear each other up and one of them gets knocked down to less than half my stack.

With MP being the other big stack and acting after you, I wouldn't like being caught between them. I would figure I'm a 2 to 1 dog to make my flush and I wouldn't trust my K outs to be clean.

As was pointed out, there really isn't any way you are going to push SB off of this hand, unless SB is running a pure bluff. With that in mind I can't see pushing all-in here.

I fold and hope for a better spot to push my chips in.