PDA

View Full Version : Horrible river fold?

Bobby Digital
11-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero folds, Button calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19 BB, between Button and UTG+1.</font>

wuarhg
11-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I think I would've done the same depending on your reads on UTG and UTG+1, if they are LAGs I would probably call down. But if with no reads I would've done the same.

Piiop
11-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Good fold. A bet and a raise into the aggressor with another player left to act means someone can beat an overpair.

DocMartin
11-07-2004, 05:55 AM
I think I would make the call. I dont trust them party players and many of the hands that beat you would have been raised preflop, flop or turn. The T may be bet since it's a scare card and I think the pot is big enough to call if you think you have an outside shot at winning (you would have to make a guess about the 8/1 odds with players still to act). At any rate you have to be REALLY sure you are beat and reads would certainly play into it.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-07-2004, 06:02 AM
given that two seperate players come to life on the river into the aggressor means that you're beat here, definitely more often than not to make the 17-2 call the pot's laying you unprofitable, btw where you're NOT closing the action. good fold.

CWsports
11-07-2004, 07:54 AM
I would have played it the same.

mack848
11-07-2004, 10:36 AM
I played 90 hands against a Party 50/1 player last night and he didn't raise once pre or post flop.

Considering Hero raised preflop, I see them playing this way with AK or (the two limpers) K9. I'd reraise with AK, so would you I'm sure - but regular Party micros?

The 10 made one of the three opponents a straight or two pair more often than 15 out of 17, IMHO.

DocMartin
11-07-2004, 07:56 PM
ack. I hate letting these go. How major is a leak like this? What are some of the telltale signs you should be releasing these in big pots?

Bropago
11-07-2004, 08:17 PM
That 10 improves both of their hands that much? I wouldnt believe them, no way I would fold the river.

TheLance
11-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Be careful of your logic there.
The fact that a ten is unlikely to have helped both of them doesn't mean that a ten hasn't helped one of them. In addition to the observation that it's unlikely that they are both bluffing, and you don't close the action (probably the most significant consideration), you can expect it to be 3 or 4 bet, reducing your pot odds to as little as 5 to 1 with a pocket overpair on a connected board with opponents acting like they were on a draw, and made it.

It's emotionally hard to fold KK, especially in a decent pot, but I think you're beat here enough to fold.