PDA

View Full Version : Bad Push?

sonataarctica
11-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Level II of a weekly home tournament. Pre flop play has been a limp fest unless i'm the raiser. I look down under the gun and i see A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I call and four see the flop (blinds are at .25-.50 so 2$ in the pot all players Started with 20$ im down to about 14 all others fairly even around 20-22). flop comes down 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif giving me a nice draw. small blind who calls every flop(seriously) and loves to bluff bets out a dollar. its called in one spot then i raise to 4. small blind thinks and calls and were heads up. turn is no help to me. small blind checks and i push my final 10$. too aggressive? should i check and wait for river? any and all comments appreciated

-Modar

Chief911
11-06-2004, 05:43 PM
What do you think your opponent has? While the turn was no help to you, what was it? Could it have made his hand?

As for your play, you have a monster draw, and someone who likes to CALL bets. He checks to you OFFERING you a chance to see your hand made on the river by a simple check. Instead, you push your chips in on your draw.

I dont like the play. He's already commited 4$, I doubt another $10 is gonna slow him down the way he called preflop.

Check, see if you make your hand, or if its a scare card, then make your move.

Nick

slickpoppa
11-06-2004, 05:52 PM
If there was a time to push, it was on the flop after the loose guy bet. At this point you are very likely the favorite, and the pot is equal to about 4/14 of your stack. You MUST protect your hand at this point. After the turn doesn't help you, if the other guy as a pair, you are the dog and it sounds like he might not be the type of person who will lay down a pair even to an all-in bet.

sonataarctica
11-06-2004, 06:06 PM
ya i was thinking the flop would have been a better time to push instead of the raise to 4