PDA

View Full Version : Whats your standard line with these ?

Trix
11-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Button is very loose-bad.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Joe Tall
11-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Your line seems fine as only a better hand will call the river or even raise. As for the turn bet, this board is draw-layden and it seems standard.

Peace,
Joe Tall

balkii
11-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Your line seems fine as only a better hand will call the river

hey moderators help! someone hacked JT's account.

only better hand will call?!?! you're outta your mind. this is a clear (albeit thin) $%#$-i'm-out-of-position value bet.

Joe Tall
11-06-2004, 05:31 PM
you're outta your mind. this is a clear (albeit thin) $%#$-i'm-out-of-position value bet.

Paying off a river raise can't happen on this board and Trix's hand is worthy of a showdown. The 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif is nearly the worse card to come off and if his opponent is capable of a river bluff raise, he can't call.

Peace,
Joe Tall

balkii
11-06-2004, 05:42 PM
I think i'd be able to bet-fold this river and not lose any sleep over it. Trix described the player as loose-bad but didnt mention any LAG tendencies. I don't think a river bluff-raise is that much of a concern here.

Nemesis
11-06-2004, 06:15 PM
I put in the river bet and fold to a raise, without too much thought. Perhaps i should give it more thought, but i'm almost a machine when it comes to big pocket pairs. I'll bet it to the river against no resistance almost every time. A vast majority of those times i take down a pot with one extra bet in it because i bet and got called on the river with 2nd pair.

Trix
11-06-2004, 06:35 PM
You fold to a bet ?

Are the first two streets standard?

balkii
11-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Are the first two streets standard?
yes