PDA

View Full Version : AQ, check or bet the turn ?

Trix
11-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

UTG is very loose and generally playing bad, sometimes he is passive sometimes he is aggro.
SB is very loose and aggro. Likes to slowplay.

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero ? with intention of ?

If you check what do you do if SB bets the river and UTG folds or SB checks and UTG bets ?

Joe Tall
11-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Check w/outs Trix on the turn.

I don't you'll be good enough on the river here if there is a bet in front. If the SB bets, you are likely paying off a J or even a T/full if you call as he whiffed the c/r on the turn.

With UTG being passive for the most part he may bet a hand like KJ on the river.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Nemesis
11-06-2004, 04:49 PM
I think I check behind and call a bet if I'm the first one. I think that getting check raised is bad bad bad. And you may be good on the river unimproved if 1 opponent folds.

Trix
11-06-2004, 06:37 PM
One of them had A5s, the other KQ. We checked both turn and river.