PDA

View Full Version : PP with an overcard on the flop

kurosh
11-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

SB is LAG and can be tricky. I'm thinking I made a mistake by not reraising on the turn. The second king makes it unlikely he has one.

Peter Harris
11-06-2004, 04:52 PM
by the river a flush beats you and a tricky player will c/r either Kx or 2 spades (or maybe 27) on that flop. By the river you only beat 27.

I'd be inclined to call down if i didn't know any better, but i'd guess you either counterfeited 27 or lost to flush/low K.

the 2nd king makes it less likely SB has one, but doesn't make it unlikely.

Regards,
Pete Harris

kurosh
11-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I think if the river was a non-spade I should have probably reraised. His most likely holdings are a K or flush draw with a flush draw being more likely. Maybe I should have reraised on the turn and folded to a 3-bet? Hm, yeah, now that I think about it I think that's the optimal play.

Reraise on turn, fold to 3-bet. On the river, bet any non-spade.

Anyway, he turned over 87h and MHIG.

Piiop
11-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Why would he want to checkraise the flop with a flush draw?

Check-raising the flop is a good idea if he has a K, a PP, or a 7. Most players wouldn't checkraise without a K here, but since you described him as a tricky LAG I'm thinking he would. Calling down is fine against this type of player in this situation, but against most other players I wouldn't.