PDA

View Full Version : 7 Stud H/L question

02-11-2002, 08:30 PM
In a ring game of 7 Stud H/L, a deuce brings it in, a 3 calls, a 7 calls. I have (KJ) K. What do I do?

Suppose I raise, everyone cals, and everyone catches a low card, what do I do?

In the actual hand I folded as I didn't want to be playing against all those good low draws.

02-11-2002, 08:36 PM
I think you played it right by folding. You will very rarely sweep the pot and the extra low draw isn't enough to add to your half for the times you get swept by two low pair, low straights and flushes and lows that backed into monster highs and hidden highs.

Raising on 3rd when two lows have already called is a bit of a risk since the bring-in could obviously have a low. If there was anyone to act behind me I would probably fold unless it was a large ante game.

Regards,

Paul Talbot

02-11-2002, 10:19 PM
if the game is multiway and so loose (most low limit) that low draws wont even fold on 4th if they catch a paint, then i really think that only Aces and roll ups are playable (unless youre really there to gamble gamble gamble).

brad

02-12-2002, 05:49 PM
I don't know if it's actually a statistically bad play to call with kings (without an ace kicker that is), but I'll usually fold them to cut down on the bankroll swings. Aces, trips and real nice flush draws are all I ever really play in 7cs h/l

giles