PDA

View Full Version : JJ on the button. The river.

bisonbison
11-06-2004, 03:56 PM
MP2 is tight-passive.
BB is very loose and pretty aggro preflop. He's not a maniac postflop, though.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

EvanJC
11-06-2004, 04:03 PM
if he's got AA or a set or two pair you're good, and if he's got KK or a straight, you're not. The former seems more likely than the latter, so your raise on the end would seem to have some value.

Hybrid_11
11-06-2004, 04:05 PM
The flop looks scary with that 3 to a straight on the board especially with that action. between BB and UTG i would have to put one of them on a straight draw if they werent lucky enough to hit it on the flop and i would fear a possible set as i can see UTG and BB having a set here.

The turn just adds more problems as a king falls even tho that card is unlikely to help i would have to throw it away here if you were unable to fold on the flop to the cap.

By staying in here u did end up spiking a set on the river which puts yourself into a tough decision. I would have convinced myself that Middle Position was on a straight draw but that call on the river might go against that and that BB hit a set. I would be torn between calling and raising here but a call might be to passive so a raise and a call if its 3 bet i guess is in order after seeing the river

Entity
11-06-2004, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if he's got AA or a set or two pair you're good, and if he's got KK or a straight, you're not. The former seems more likely than the latter, so your raise on the end would seem to have some value.

[/ QUOTE ]
He doesn't have AA or KK.

MP2's presence makes this seem OK, I think. If he's really aggro postflop he'll have 87, A8, K8, 67, 66, 77, 88 often enough to make this for value, I think. I hate getting 3-bet here though.

Do you still raise when MP2 folds to the river bet?

Rob

Trix
11-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Not sure your flop 3bet helps you much here, I´d probably coldcall and see what happens, if tight passive dude caps, then I´m out of there unimproved on the turn. If BB dont 3bet, then you can raise the turn if it isnt a 9, T or 5.
If he 3bets and MP just calls, then you probably just call down as BB could have 89. Raising the turn for a free SD isnt worth it when the pot is that big, as you almost have to call the raise, meaning that you will give up more than you gain when ahead.

Edit: Thought the river was standard. He will have a set often enough and the other guy probably overcalls when he doesnt 3bet.

bunky9590
11-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Damn skippy! Pop his sorry self on the river. If your gonna suckout, may as well get paid. (Bunky's mantra) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ni han sir.